This week I am working on producing pieces for my Designing the Absurd project...
I modeled my pieces in Rhino, measuring my phone case with great precision.
I didn't approach this with a complete plan in place, so I experienced several instances of re-milling a piece, which was nerve-wracking but ultimately successful.
For instance, I realized I needed a cut out from this piece after I milled it. Luckily the exact placement of this piece was not a critical factor, so the re-mill was successful.
Another element that I wanted to add were the screw holes, but they were too small for the bit. I tried to enter different path options to see what would work for the bit and my screw size, but ultimately I decided not to mill it on the Othermill and do it by hand instead.
I love the Othermill! I'm able to make really precise cuts in relatively short periods of time. The turnaround is excellent when everything is working :)
An early prototype of the project: